Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Birthday


Hey, everybody! I had my birthday yesterday! It was awesome! I got stuff like Monticello Magic school memorabilia and Switchfoot's new album, Hello Hurricane. Also, things like Kutless's albums "To Know That You're Alive" and "Hearts of the Innocent". That was really fun!

I turned fourteen, even though the guy at Culver's swore I'm sixteen. Lol (random!). My favorite song on the new Switchfoot album would have to be "The Sound (John M. Perkins' Blues)". It's cool sounding! My grandparents came also. On the HOTI (Hearts of the Innocent) album, my fave would be "Shut Me Out". Classic Kutless song and sound. TKTYA album's favorite would be "The Rescue".

I know this sounds crazy, but I also got a mic & stand and a new acoustic amplifier. The mic can plug into the amp with the guitar. The amp is also a gold color, so it looks awesome! That's the amp, at the top. So now, I can sing into a mic! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Lol. The acoustic amp sounds REALLY nice, as well.

I had a great birthday!
\m/ (rocker face LOL)



--Josh

“Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.”
“Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding on to”

15 comments:

Alex Monseth said...

Happy Birthday Josh!

Sweet, about the amp. The Sound is awesome. Have you heard it on that cellphone comercial?

Alex

Josh $ said...

Yeah, I did! When I first listened to the song, I was like "Hey! that's the song they play for the blackberry commercial!"
Lol!

Josh

Ivorydancer said...

Awesome! Happy belated birthday!

As for you being mistaken as sixteen... That is completely normal... I'm always mistaken for college age... it's kinda embarrassing at times, but....

The amp looks nice... it's cool you can plug your mic into it...

Emily said...

Happy (late) birthday! Sorry I missed it. Glad to hear it was great. :)

Josh $ said...

Lol, np! It was!
Thanks for commenting!
Josh

owo xD said...

Happy Birthday (like forever late!) sounds like you had a good one! I love all of those CDs. Do you like Skillet? Their last two CDs were pretty good. My brother got to work backstage at one of their concerts. He says it was awesome. They've even got pyrotechnics! lol

Eldarwen said...

Hey Josh! Happy [totally] late B-day! :) Great blog. I think I'll follow it. I totally am in love with Switchfoot!!! <3 Their music is the best! I really, really, really, really want their new album! Do you listen to Leland? They're good too. And Hawk Nelson. :)

I thought when I saw your profile pic (you're the one on the left right?) that you were at least 16. I was holding a baby at our church one time and a woman walked over and said, "Oh, it's such a joy to see young mothers and their baby's," referring to me. I was so embarressed. I didn't correct her, though. I didn't want to make her feel bad.

Eldarwen

Josh $ said...

Christ: Yes, I LOVE Skillet, they're definitely one of my top five favorite bands. Comatose is great, Awake is a little bit less impressive, but it had some "original" Skillet songs like "Hero" and it had some different style songs like "Monster". Who doesn't love pyro?

Eldarwen: Yes, I have heard of Leeland, I LOVE "Follow You". I do listen to a little of Hawk Nelson as well, my fave is "You Have What I Need". Yes, I am the guy on the left. The guy on the right is my church youth group leader and he's like 25! Lol! I would've been embarrassed, too...probably even more so...i mean, I'm a guy! :O
XD

Josh

Eldarwen said...

LOL! =D
Yes, Hawk Nelson's "You Have What I Need" is my fav too! :)

Eldarwen

Josh $ said...

Btw, on my comment above, I mean Chris not Christ... :D

Josh

Eldarwen said...

LOL, I didn't even notice that! Don't worry, I've made many typos. Trust me! Blogging just sets you up for failure, huh? jk LOL =D

Eldarwen

Kendra Logan said...

Awesome!! Happy birthday very late!

~Kendra

Josh $ said...

Thanks for the comment, Kendra!

Josh

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I really like your blog. I'm following! BTW Happy Birthday!

Josh $ said...

Thanks Bleah!
I love new followers, thanks for that also! I'll check out ur blog.

Josh